SOLDIERFIT Yoga is ideal for anyone ready to explore yoga and its mind-body benefits. Yoga is offered at all of our SOLDIERFIT locations and free to any members who have a gym membership. Yoga is currently offered on Tuesdays at 7:30pm and Saturdays at 8:30am.
Participants will learn breathing techniques, asanas (yoga postures), and alignment principles that provide a solid foundation for your yoga practice. This class blends core strengthening exercises with traditional yoga postures. Emphasis is placed on movements and fundamental alignment principles necessary for foundational postures, which increase core strength, flexibility of the spine, and breathing technique. Breathing techniques and relaxation practices provide for mind-body integration.
- Please bring a yoga mat to class.
- Inform the instructor of all injuries, medical issues, or if you are pregnant. The instructor can offer modifications of poses to meet your needs.
- Wear a looser fitting SOLDIERFIT I AM shirt or tank top that does not restrict movement.
- Do not eat a large meal at least 1-2 hours prior to class. If you are prone to low-blood sugar, eat something light and healthy about 30 minutes before class.
- No chewing gum please.
- Avoid using perfumes and scented lotions prior to class. Scents are not conducive to breathing exercises.